Tuesday 9 March 2010

Snow!!

I can't believe I'm writing this: it's snowed!!

In Spain. In March. How ironic is that?

I woke up to my Mamma opening the blinds up and excitedly exclaiming, "Get up, girl! It's snowing like crazy!" And sure enough, once I'd jumped off my bed and peeked out of the window I saw that it was snowing!! Yay!! Big, fat snowflakes, falling down as thick as anything! I was able to take a couple of pictures:


Morning! Just about nine a.m.


The mountains, in the morning. Same time.


Ditto...


This were how our windows looked in mid-afternoon. Already a car with loudspeakers had gone around advising for all of us to stay at home unless strictly necessary, and providing emergency phone numbers.





I don't know if it's seen on the pictures, but I'm tellin' you, it was snowing thick! I had the time of my life watching during different times of the day. It first snowed lazyly, the big, plump snowflakes floating in the air. Then it started to snow more fierecely and thicker. Finally, a strong wind started to blow hard, and it was almost like being in a blizzard!

SNOW!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

cool! Does that mean you don't usually get snow where you live?

Rachel Kimberly said...

Yay for snow! I'm glad you got to experience it! Of course, where I live, we got several feet of snow throughout the winter... but I'm happy for you! :) Cool pictures!

joygirl said...

I'm glad you FINALLY got some of that white stuff! :) enjoy it!
here, the couple feet of snow is slowly melting away (to my great delight). :)

Andreu Escuain said...

Snow is beautiful, dear cousin. But when it takes your electric power away for four days with any heating, one of them we didn't have access to water... well, maybe not so beautiful (at least not with the incompetent government we have) LOL
But that's a great snow man. That's for sure! :)

Your cousin Andrew