Saturday 9 October 2010

Sometimes...

...I get melancholic.

Okay, so I'm not perfect. And I'm not made out of stone. I remind myself everyday that I should be content with my situation, that I shouldn't complain about what I don't have and be happy with what I have, but... sometimes I can't help it.

I really miss the U.S. of A.

I continually tell myself I should look back at the time I spent there and be grateful for it. Don't get me wrong, I do, and I'm ever so grateful for the time I spent there! But that just makes me ache inside and want to go back so bad I sometimes even end up crying. Homesickness for what I did there, for who I met there, for all I lived there.

Hello! I have an awesome family here that loves me tremendously! I've seen many friends already and they were all so happy to see me again! That made me love them so much, and it made me feel so loved, too. Then... why can't I be happy for the time I'm spending here, and just wait patiently for another opportunity to go there?

This is something I really struggle with. Contentment. Patience. [sighs] Oh well. The Lord will show.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Oh, Anna...your post makes me cry because I miss you SO much, too! I have the feeling that once I come to Spain next spring that I'll feel the exact same way you do about visiting the US. I probably won't ever want to leave once I'm there! :) You know, I fight the same feelings of discontentment that you do. I am thankful for where I am, and what God's given me, but sometimes I get so caught up in life, that I do forget all the good things He's done for me. Thank you so much for this note! It was really an encouragement and a reminder to be happy and content! Love you girl, and miss you like crazy!!!!! ~Ashleigh

Nate said...

I know exactly how that feels. I feel the same for Catalonia even still.