Friday 4 March 2011

One Week Long Rest

I can't believe I already have a break from school. I've been in school for a month and a half, and it's incredible how fast this time has gone by. School keeps me so busy...! With so much to do I don't seem to have enough time in my hands, and thus it just flies by!

But now, I finally have a break. I have one whole week without going to school! I have time to breather! To relax! To break the routine! Yay!

Please don't think I'm going to just sit and scratch my nose all day long. That is not like me at ALL! No way... no, I'm going to spend some days in Holland. Yep, I'm going back there. I'm going to see my lovely best friend again! And I'm going to see my lovely Netherlands again, too. And all my friends there. And hopefully, some snow! I'm so excited about it, even though it's going to be short.

You might be asking yourself, how is school life going? Or, probably the right question would be, she's back in school?! Yep, ladies and gentlemen, I'm back in school. Since the 20th January, to be more precise. It's tons of fun, and although I have lots of work and I have to study very hard, I enjoy it so much! I am very thankful about it too because it really trains my self-discipline and responsability. Besides, you discover so many things...! Did you know that race-cars use nitrogen for their wheel tyres? If they used normal air, since it contains a small ammount of humidity, depending on the pressure changes in the atmosphere the tyres would also change pressure and size. Plus, if they used helium or hydrogen, the size of their particles is so small they would be able to squeeze in between the pores of the tyre material.

I've also discovered a love for Literature in general. It used to bore me to death but somehow (and partly thanks to my Spanish Lit. teacher), I've discovered that it really interests me. I really enjoy reading a poem in Catalan and Spanish now, and reading about the different artistic movements and the influence they had on art.

In case you're wondering what subjects I take, I take Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Catalan Literature, Spanish Literature, CMC, Philosophy, and English. I also have P.Ed, but I don't really count it in as a subject. English doesn't really count either, because I am so much ahead of the level they have over here; they still make me come out and do oral presentations and speakings, though. It's fun.

Well, I thought it was time for a little update. I'll keep anyone who's interested posted!

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Sounds exciting! I'll be starting college at BJ in the fall, and I'm REALLY excited about that! And maybe just a tad bit nervous, as well...:)

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I love keeping up with what you're doing, so definitely keep me posted. :)

Praying for you, Anna! Miss you so much!!!

Severus said...

Però no has agafat Literatura universal. Molt bé, molt bé: aquesta, me l'apunto...

Dani Pinyol said...

High School's a lot of fun. Take advantage of it.

I'm glad you can go again to the Netherlands. You're so lucky! :)

At university we haven't got the so polemic "white week" unfortunately, but I'm happy that at least I won't have classes on Monday and nether on Friday, so I'll get some relax too.

Your blog is very nice; I like it :).

See you soon.

Dani P.