Thursday 7 August 2014

It happened

It seems that lately I am relying too much on the "better late than never" expression. I should have posted this announcement some seven months ago! However, as we didn't have engagement pictures back then, it is just as well that I waited.

So, what happened, you wonder?

This did:
On the 3rd of January 2014 the man of my dreams asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. I said YES!
How did he manage to pick out the perfect ring?!
Then, this did, about five months later:
On the 7th of June 2014 the love of my life and I said "I do" together and started our life as a married couple.
Do you realize what this means? This means I'm no longer living with my parents, but with my husband in our own sweet little flat some three thousand kilometres away. It means that I get to cook, clean and do laundry all by myself. It's no longer "helping mother", it's just me. It also means that I get to spend every day with the one that my heart loves for the rest of my life! I know it's cliché and cheesy, but... it is like having a slumber party every night with your best friend and you talk about everything till you fall asleep!

And people... I'm loving it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Lady Violet said...

Holiii. Just remember to hoover under the bed and behind the doors, too :)
Missing you, Ma XX

A.J. said...

Hahahaha, Mum, as fas as it goes, there still is no "under the bed"! :D But I do hoover behind the doors. :)

A Joyful Heart said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! =) Where do you and your husband live now? How special!!

villamilita said...

:D

Chelsy Renee said...

aww dearie...I love this! so happy for you!
{I haven't been on your blog in ages...was fun to catch up a bit!}
hugs!!
-chels

Allison said...

I, too, haven't been on your blog in AGES!!!! Didn't even realize you still post. Now I will be wanting to keep up! I would love your new address, by the way.:) I am so thrilled for you, dear friend, in this life-long adventure with your best friend. Truly, "God's gifts put men's best dreams to shame."
xoxo,
Allison