Wednesday 6 February 2008

They Follow Me

A Little Brother Follows Me

A careful boy I want to be;
a little brother follows me.
I do not dare to go astray
for fear he’ll go the self-same way

I cannot once escape his eyes;
whate’er he see me do, he tries.
Like me he says he’s going to be-
that little brother following me.

He thinks that I am good and fine;
believes in every word of mine.
The bad in me he must not see-
that little brother following me.

I must remember as I go
through summer’s sun and winter’s snow
I’m building for the years to be
that little brother following me.

-Author Unknown.

This was a great poem to read because I have two little brothers. Thanks, Bethany!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A little bother follows me"???? Hehe

Actually, we've had this poem at home since the end of the stone age (1976), and it says, in the version we have, "A little fellow follows me", referring to the Dad's musings that he should walk straight so that the little fellow may learn from him how to walk well the path of life. ... Never seen this one of the "A little brother ...". I'd say a little fellow looks more to his daddy than to anybody else.

Lots of love, TJU

Anonymous said...

What a great poem Gem, thanks for sharing!

Bethany

Anonymous said...

Hi Gem,

We have to be so careful of what we do and say, not only because we have to answer to God for all our acts, but also because we have innumerable eyes on us watching our conduct: human beings, such as younger siblings who can be influenced by us, to good or bad, and also angels (fallen ones too) who watch us and give glory to God for what they see (or not?) What a responsiblily, then, that we have... but we "can do everything in Christ", who strengthens us!!

Love, your cousin.

By the way, it's Haven of Beauty, not Heaven of Beauty. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I read that in a book once and really liked it. Thanks for posting it!

Oh, by the way, you've been tagged (maybe again?)! If you've already been tagged, than it is the thought that counts! [grin]

Anonymous said...

That was a good reminder. Sometimes you post something and then forget all about it. Thanks.
Bethany

Anonymous said...

A wonderful poem indeed! Thanks for the reminder as well.

Hope to see you soon, dear cousin!

Much love,

Andreu