Tuesday 10 August 2010

This New Hat Of Mine

I find myself sitting on a huge rocking armchair, with a nice black laptop on my lap (heh. You wouldn't think a laptop would be on my head, would you?), and most of an afternoon before me, without much to do - except writing!

By the way, I still find myself in the U.S. of A, in case you didn't know. I've spent almost two months and a half here, and I still have three weeks (more or less) left in this place people like to call America. But - where to start? I have had "writing on my blog", or "writing a general e-mail to all the people" in my mind for quite a while (a.k.a., a thing called newsletter), but somehow I never got around to do it. Don't ask me why.

Why?

Told you not to ask. But in case you're expecting an answer... whoa, I don't know where to start. The list of reasons is endless. I will tell you I was too busy taking walks with my friend from South Carolina, taking along our cameras, and capturing the beauty of a magnolia flower. I will tell you I was too busy visiting a donkey farm with the said friend, and getting all covered up in dust because of the donkeys' affections. I will tell you I was too busy going to Greenville's Zoo and trying to take a picture of a lion who would fall asleep with its back at us. I will tell you I was too busy visiting Biltmore House (that was exhausting!, but enjoyable, of course!) I will tell you I was too busy playing basketball with my friend's little brother, or too busy attending a puppet show, in Texas. I will tell you I was too busy marching up and down the streets chanting Left! Left! Left, RIGHT, left! with them. I will tell you I was too busy watching a musical called Texas!, and visiting Palo Duro Canyon, staying overnight at a motel during a terrible thunderstorm. I will also tell you I was too busy tubing in the river five minutes away from here in Wisconsin. I will also tell you I was too busy tenting with friends, or playing volley-ball for a whole afternoon, or swimming in a lake for a whole day, or even, jamming around a campfire late at night. I will also tell you I was too busy laughing endlessly (take that literally) with three other girl-friends, scheming and conspiring in the darkness of the parking-lot after a very much enjoyed Wissmann concert. I might also tell you that I was too busy playing with three certain little (and believe me, active!) kiddos, or talking for hours with their mother, back in Nebraska.

What!? I told  you the list was endless! I could go on and on, and I wouldn't be able to finish till tomorrow at sixteen minutes past three o'clock in the morning!

And are you wondering about the title? Yep, I have a new hat. And it's adorable!

4 comments:

Severus said...

Ja sabia jo que no estaries tocant-te el nas.

Per cert, esperava una foto teva amb el barret i no la hi has posada! Quina barra!

Bon estiu.

Marian said...

It sounds like a great trip!! :) I was at Biltmore a few months ago, and I know what you mean by exhausting, lol! It's a pretty house, though.

ROGER TRUCKER said...

Hello Cuca,
Nice to see your havin such a ball... When you return home with us your life will suddenly be boooring, no?
We miss you!
Cheers,
RT

Anonymous said...

jealous...
sybren, you know, from holland