Sunday 3 November 2013

Brand Logos and Watermarks

Yay, peoples, I've finally finished designing my brand! [hugesmile]

This is how it's gonna look for now. I am satisfied with the results, but I'm sure that in time I will change it when I get a more definite idea of what I want.

Tell me what you think about it. I used the colours I wanted - red, black and white (grey included in the last two [grin]). I wanted the name to be in two circles, although at first I wanted it to be in between them and not touching both. I liked the result of the second when I tried it.

I wanted the text to be classy and elegant, but clean and simple, so I went for caps, distinguishing between capitalized and normal in the text with large or small caps. Then, I tried different combinations of the theme colours for the circles, and this one (top) is the one that satisfied me most, even though red for the outside and white for the inside also worked very well when I tried it on a dark background. 

Then I started to play with colours and backgrounds for the watermarks. In the first sample I did (right), I really liked the black on white, extremely disliked the grey on red and the red on grey, and wasn't sure about the white on black.

For the second sample (left), I tried to get out of the theme colours - I really like the pink on black, the dark blue on grey and the orange on white. Not sure how I feel about the white on red.

It seems like I can't get an idea for a good colour for the red background. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Marian said...

I love the logo!! It's very elegant and yet easy to read. For the red background, you could try blue (maybe aqua/turquoise blue?).

For some reason, I don't think your blog has been showing up on my dashboard. :( I just bookmarked it and will stop by more often!