Friday 21 March 2014

Students and Rubber Bands

I have never felt sorry I got into teaching English.

Yes, there have been tiring, stressful, exasperating, patience-exhausting times, but fortunately not very often, and the good times have by far outweighed the bad ones. Every week something happens in one class or other which leaves me so happy, touched or thankful that it makes everything worth it.

Excuse the quality of the picture... both my cameras let me
down at the same time, and I had to take this pic with my
iPhone, which doesn't have a good camera.
An example? These days something new has become trendy and it is huge among the children, very much in style: bracelets done with rubber bands (to see a basic example, click HERE). Well, this week two of my girls from completely different ages, classes, and even days, have given me this as a gift! My ten-year-old gave me a yellow and black bracelet on Wednesday, and my six-year-old has given me a Spring-coloured bracelet and ring today (because we're studying Spring in English together [smile])! They're such sweethearts...

This is why I love teaching.

1 comment:

Dannyboy said...

You're such a sweetheart that's why everyone loves you, but! I love you most! You're a hard worker ��