Monday 7 April 2014

Late Wanderings

As things start to pile up and it seems like I can't accomplish everything because I lack time - planning for the future, helping Mum around the house, studying, working as a teacher every day, finishing project and starting new ones... the list goes on - there is always some thought or verse or poem that comes to mind and keeps me going on, encouraged once more.

I was just now working on an origami project (more to come on this subject soon). I doggedly folded and pressed and folded again, aware of the fact that it was late and that my head was starting to ache because of my sleepiness. However, I had previously told myself that I was going finish this today. I would have done quite some time ago, but one of the pieces of the project broke because of a weak fold, and so I had to start that part all over again.

My patience was running thin... I was thinking of my warm, comfy bed, of the hot chamomile infusion waiting for me on my bedside table, of reading a couple of chapters of my current book, all before letting the sweet waves of sleepiness submerge me in delightful, restful, peacefully dark oblivion. That much needed sleep.

*Shakes head* That won't do, girl. Not good.

And so the poem came to mind - a favourite of mine, which has walked by me many a late night:
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-Robert Frost 
And, even though there are many things that are calling me sweetly, I have miles to go before I sleep.

1 comment:

Dannyboy said...

Love it! You really love to write! ...And i told not to stay late... :D :*