Monday 1 January 2007

Happy New Year!!!

We've had so much fun today!! Say today AND yesterday, because New Year's Eve was a lot of fun too.
It began right after supper. The same family that came that Sunday when we danced the reel came again, and my Grandma came too, because her birthday is the 1st of January. Wasn't she lucky to be born this day?
So after supper we read our daily Bible chapter. We had a very lovely time. I enjoyed for two reasons: For one thing, I've always loved to read the Bible, and second, we were together, the two families, Grandma and it was so nice! Then we sang hymns. That was nice too. All those voices together praising the Lord!! We were fourteen people.
After that we had an enormous game of UNO. My brothers Bro and Al, my sister Wendy, my Mummy, the twins, their little sister, their big brother, their mother, and I played together. Ten people playing! And a game like UNO too. It's a game that can last for ages.
I was the last one, as usual. I always have bad luck in these games. Everybody won me!! =(
Then we had a dance session. My, how we laughed!!! My Mummy has a disc called "English Country Dances", and we began to dance with the music. The violin was great, the song was quite fast, but the steps easy. A step to the right, clap your hands with the one on front of you, c lap your legs (to tell the truth, my legs are all black and blue, and they hurt! =S), take hands, go round, another step to the right (now you are with your original partner), clap hands with him, clap your legs again, and go round again, and there you are, on your first position. Then you do it ALL again, and after two times, you change the step to another different one. My, it was so much fun!! My Mama took quite a lot of photos.
After that it was a quarter to twelve. It's tradition in my family to stay awake until after midnight. We sat and talked, and at two minutes to twelve we all stood in front of the clock, turned off the lights, so we were all in the dark, and waited. When twelve struck, we all began to cheer, to wish everybody a "HNY", and to wish my Grandma a Happy Birthday. It was so much fun! The lights were on again, by the way. =)
After that, the other family had to go, so we all went out on the street and had another silent dance before they went away.
But the fun didn't finish right there. We still had the "Secret Familiar"! So we all went to the living room again, and opened our present ad been secretly placed there. I had a beautiful black bracelet with my name written in metal letters with shiny stones on them (like diamonds =]), which I later discovered was from Bro, Wendy had a very nice 500 pieces puzzle of a Van Gogh painting, Al had a Lego astronaut base, my little brother a huge plastic dinosaur, Mummy had some delicious jelly fruits, and so on. After that we did have to go to bed, but it was half past one when I actually was IN bed... =)
So in the morning we all felt lazy and I stayed in bed until five to twelve (I'm sort of ashamed of it now =S), and went down. I didn't have a big breakfast for precaution because we would eat lunch in a couple of hours, and I was right to do so.
When Mama called us for lunch, a delicious aroma came from the kitchen. So we went to the dining room, and sure enough, there was a big lunch waiting. We had delicious homemade soup for first course, and I enjoyed it a lot. Then we had duck. An enormous, fat and juicy duck, with gravy. Oh, my, didn’t I enjoy it!! I was glad that I hadn’t had a big breakfast after all, because I was beginning to fell that I couldn’t eat much more!!
Dessert was best. We had a cherry-with-cherry-jelly-tart, and that was the most I could eat. I was filled up to the top. But it had been soooooooo delicious!!
After lunch we spent the afternoon at the living room, Wendy finishing her yesterday puzzle, (I was wearing my new bracelet, by the way), I read, Al and my younger brother Jess played, my parents talked with Grandma… we all had a pleasant afternoon. But Grandma had to go back home, and as the day came to an end, I started thinking about the wonderful and blessed time we’ve had all together, and thinking about my friends, wondering if they had had such a splendid New Year’s Day.

No comments: