Wednesday 14 March 2007

A Moon Eclipse

There was a Moon Eclipse two Saturdays ago! (It was the 3rd of March, I think!)It was really nice. I really like stars and the sky in general. We could see Orion, Cassiopeia, and the North Star… But the eclipse was the best! It started at about half past ten p.m., and it was a complete eclipse at about quarter past twelve a.m. We didn’t stay up sufficiently late to see the last of it, because tomorrow was Sunday. It finished at about two a.m., but we did saw it complete. It was beautiful. It had gained a reddish tone, and it didn’t shine. We went to bed at half past twelve, or so. But what I think funny is… Just before it was a complete eclipse and we were quarrelling for the binoculars (we weren’t. I was just joking), I heard a strange sound. I said, “Hush everyone! Is that a frog?” but it wasn’t. It did sound like one though, and I was about to go and explore what the noise had been, when everyone exclaimed, “Look everyone!! In front of the moon!” and we all looked. Right there, like a pterodactyl (that’s what Bro said it looked like), was a huge, dark bird, flying before the moon. That was what had made the noise!
I really enjoyed that MOON ECLIPSE!!

No comments: