Wednesday 9 April 2008

Visit From England

We were very blessed last week to have my Mummy's cousin's visit! She arrived Monday night, and during the rest of the week we went on outings and visits. We had lots of fun! Our cousin is a very happy person and she laughs a lot. :D She also introduced us to the game of Dutch Blitz, which is quite popular now in our family... we can't stop playing it!


A really good thing about visits is that desserts are special... and really yummy! Strawberries and cream are delicious...!


First day we went to visit a small but very picturesque village called Masarbonés, and spent the time there looking and walking around. It was very windy, but certainly beautiful!


There were lots of stairs up and down the streets, and it was really pretty because there were plenty of plants all around to make it pretty.


I especially liked this light post, with the awesome view behind it and the clear blue sky, with only a couple of clouds in sight.


On the second afternoon we went to the beach... and the beach that day was just lovely. I had such a great time, daydreaming mostly. The sand was warm to my bare feet, and the wind had plenty of fun playing with my hair... and now I am getting very sentimental, but the sea always has this effect on me... :)


And now maybe, with this photograph, you'll understand me... it's just so beautiful... it's just too pretty. *Sigh*


And now I know that this picture doesn't mean anything, but I always thought that when I had a camera and went to the beach I would take a picture of my feet in the water...
Oh, by the way, the water was indeed very cold!


Next day we went to visit a very pretty dam, and its surroundings, quite beautiful. The water was green, yes, but pretty anyway! And the stones of the dam are quite something, along with what we saw... turtles! And snakes...


Voilà the little snake (there was another quite bigger, but it hid before I could catch a photo of it. And it was fat.)


If you look quite close you can see many turtles on the stone, sunbathing themselves, and a couple swimming on the water.


Now I don't know what you think, but there were these funny things in the water that kept moving around and doing silly things, and teasing us... hum!


Yeah, yeah, we even saw the shadow of a camel... in the water!!
Go figure...


The impressive dam...


Then we went to visit an even-smaller-than-the-first village which had a very impressive castle, and was very nice indeed because it's old, and all the houses are made out of stone, and I enjoyed it a lot. What's more, the weather was very warm, and the breeze that blew was hot. It was really lovely!


The impressive castle, from a distance... I like this picture because you can see the lovely blue sky. My cousin was lucky because she came to a very sunny and warm Spain after being in cold and rainy England... :D


This, as you may see, is a door... but it's very old, made of wood, and see the wall, it's all stone? Even the floor is stone.


A very friendly cat indeed... came purring like anything to me and began mewing sweetly when I leaned down to stroke it. Then it stood still when I took the picture of it. Good cat!



We could see part of the dam and all the water from where we were, up in the castle. This photo captured the flight of some kind of big water bird. My Mummy told me the name, but I don't remember it...


This was up in the castle, actually I think it was the castle's chapel, or something. Notice the big bells!


And oh well, on Friday we went to the market place, but I didn't take pictures of that. Then our dearest cousin went home that evening. We'd had a wonderful time together, and I hope she can come again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Qué bonito paseo! unos paisajes preciosos y esas fotos me encantan. Sobretodo la de la orilla de la playa con esos rayos de sol y la de la puerta antigua.
Las sombras en el agua no tienen desperdicio!! Ese camello! jajaja

Kissitos!

Adasa

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful pictures Gem!! Looks like a fun time was had by all. Thanks for posting!!

Anonymous said...

I do declare, my dear cousin, that your descriptive remarks of such colorful enjoyments, do good to the utmost pleasure of my heart, and make me wish for a speedy return of my very humble self, to the magnificent abode of such a magnificent and welcoming company as your own.
Yours truly,
RT

Anonymous said...

I loved the photo of the beach and the last one also. Where was it taken? And also, I think you forgot to post a picture of your cousin :D