Wednesday 25 June 2008

Apricot Rain

Over the last years, every now and then I wrote a gardening update, and well... the time has come to write another one.
This time, I have also pictures to post! And yeah, you can take the title literally...
You see, if you get under the apricot tree, you are most likely to receive a rain of apricots on your head. There are so many of them this year, it's amazing! Mummy doesn't know what to make out of so many of them, though we are going to do lots of jam, and lots of yummy things with them.

These are our apricots. Quite big, I must say... I love the colour! What I like of them also, is that they are so juicy that when you bite them juice just runs down your chin without you being able to do anything about it.

This is this morning's collection. I believe Mummy said there were 27 kilos in the basket, or something like it.

Mummy gave me this "Perfect Apricot", as she called it, specially for me. ^^

This, believe it or not, is a sunflower - without its sunflower... but it'll come soon! :) It's taller than me, the plant is! And I'm about, more or less, five foot three inches.

My favourite plant in the garden... the rosebush! I love red red roses, and this one is quite according to my taste! I love its colour.

These are the pictures. Mummy is also growing beans, and we also have prunes, and last year's were quite delicious! And letsee, I think this is all for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, this makes your mouth to water ... Careful, don't eat the whole 27 kgs in one go! :)

Anonymous said...

Those apricots sure look yummy. It's a pitty you can't send a kg or 2 over to Australia.

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way Gem I can't desribe blowing raspberries to you over blogs but you can find the answer on the internet.