Monday 22 September 2008

A Little History

Every new day is one I can rejoice in the Lord.

Even when I have to get up early and spend ten hours at school non-stop.

It's been about this this past week... just waking up, dressing, having breakfast, kissing Mummy and Papa goodbye, and off we go to an awful place called "High School"
At first it was dreadful, I got so depressed. But now I am thankful because it's teaching me a lot of things. The Lord is using it to teach me a lot of patience, and I am growing so close to Him thanks to school. I am also very much closer to my younger brother... we spend the whole lunch hour-and-a-half together.
And now I am studying hard, and cherishing the time with my family and friends more than ever! It was never so precious to me.

Thanks to everybody for your prayers! They have helped me a lot.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, sweety - difficulties are many times the way the Lord disguises opportunities for the eye of faith. We have to remember day by day that we are left here for a purpose, to be light-bearers for the Lord in His love for the lost in a dark world. 1Thessalonians 1, 9-10 should be a crash course on Christianity for all of us. Love you lots!

The Jungle Uncle

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were going to high school.

Anonymous said...

I used to be homeschooled, till last year... but we had to all go back to school, starting this year.
I'm not glad of it, but I am too. It's weird, but the Lord is using it to make me a better person :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Gemmy... I bet it't not so awful... Are you making friends? It's a good chance to witness, too! And teachers can become your friends, as well. I had a great time at highshool, apart from a few problems, which is normal. "I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me". Love, Eli

Anonymous said...

Public high school is tough...it was hard for me to go back too. (Not as bad as you had it, though.) Being in public school is not all great, it's hard to be simple concerning evil (Romans 16:19), but it has taught me that the world doesn't bring satisfaction. You see all those kids around you trying to have fun, and they're just not happy. Happiness comes from the Lord. So I've seen my options at public school, and I've decided. I don't need to find out what else is there besides God. The rest simply doesn't matter.

Anonymous said...

No, it's not so awful any more, but it was at first. I am having fun now. =)
And say, I spent my first week repeating the same verse over and over to myself all the time! :O

Anonymous said...

Glad to know!! Keep it up... Love you!!