Wednesday 31 December 2008

Welcome, 2009

This is the last post written in 2008!
A new year is going to star, with new things starting along with it, and old things finishing with it. Because,

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

You can't imagine how quickly has this year gone by to me. It seems like yesterday we all gathered around the clock downstairs and waited for it to struck twelve. I remember everything.
And now we'll be starting a new year!
2008 has been a great blessing to me. I've learnt many new lessons and have grown to love God more and more each day.
This year's been different from all other years; I'm not sure why and I couldn't explain the reason why it appears to be different, but it is. My life used to be normal, but through this year many things have changed it; and I'm thankful because all these things have taught me many precious lessons, and I've grown to be a lot more patient; I've grown to trust a lot more; I've learnt how to persevere; I've learnt so many other things that I cherish. God's plans for us are amazing!
Small glances to my 2008...

Family fun...

Discoveries...

Longings...

Beauty...

New horizons...

Dreams...

Thoughts...

Work...

Studies...

Friends...

Wonders...

Sighs...

Resolutions...

Rain...

Creations...

Brightness...

Freshness...

Visits...

Patience...

Accomplishments...

Colours...

Complexity...

Weirdness...

Hopes...

Games...

Cuteness...

Change...

Imagination...

Inspirations...

Sweetness...

Anneish things...

Chaos...

Reflections...

2008 brought to me all this and more. God has been great to me, and will continue to be so for the rest of my life. God is good!
Through this post, I want to wish all of you a

very happy New Year!!!

I hope you will have a blessed start and have a wonderful 2009, and remember, I love you all very much!


Farewell, 2008... Welcome, 2009!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You also are going to have a happy new year. Very "currated" and very nice. I love you!
Samu E

Anonymous said...

How poetic... <3

You also make nice photographies!

Kisses :3

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too Gem. This year has gone fast for me too. I have learned and struggled a lot but there is still a lot to learn.

Anonymous said...

You are amazingly inspirational cuz!
Cheers,
RT

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I think that is the most beautiful post you have done... you should print the pictures and do the same but in paper... how about some of that scrapbooking of yourn? :-)