Sunday 3 May 2009

Saying Goodbye To 15

As my best friend said, yes, I'm saying goodbye to my 15's.
It's hard to believe I'm going to turn 16 in a few hours. But, as hard as it may be, it's the truth. And as usual, I'm wondering and thinking about this new year to come. What will it bring? What will it teach me? What will happen? What?
It's been a "tradition" to write a thoughtful post the day before my birthday, analysing the past year with all the details. So here it goes...
This year, the fifteenth year, has been a very special one, with plenty of unexpected but yet awesome changes and results. God's plans for my life continue to surprise me as I go on living. For instance, my going back to school. I know I've talked about this a lot, but it was such a shock for me at first that it is going to remain in my memory for the rest of my life.
The way I started my summer was so unexpected too that I couldn't really believe it at first. It did have an impact in my life too that was pretty strong, and I am still wondering why ever did that happen in the first place.
I have had the opportunity to meet plenty of wonderful new people this year, more than on the fourteenth year, or any other year, at that. I have learnt to overcome my shyness - wink - and feel at ease around people I don't know at all. I have developed a confidence I couldn't imagine in me. I have also developed a taste for culture in general, and things I used to consider boring at first, such as reading poetry or studying History, are enjoyable now. When I woke up on the 4th May 2008 I couldn't imagine that 364 days later I would have grown so much.
These are just a few examples. A lot of other things have happened this year, and everything has been a new experience, but it wouldn't have been what it has without all the people that love me and are always there for me. To my family, to my friends, to my school chums, to my teachers, to my fellow bloggers, to everybody I know... thank you. You have contributed in some way or other to make this year special, and all I can say is thank you, because there is no other way to express it.
And I pray that this year will too be a blessed one. That I may continue growing in every way. I am such a happy girl, and I'm thankful for that. It's a true blessing to be able to feel happy.

I'm going to be sixteen...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MELLON-NIN!!!!

Hannah Nicole said...

Happy birthday! :D

Hannah

Bethany said...

Happy 16th Birthday. I hope you have a wonderful day. BTW is it easy to put a signature on your blog?

Hoijof said...

Anjiiiiiiiiiiiiii Happy birthdayyyy

to youuuu ujejejeje

aixxx que bueno, ya sabes.... y que cumplas muchos mássssss y todos ellos sean tan geniales como estee

Hannah Nicole said...

THanks for your comment! Great! Yeah, I like my profile picture better now! :D

Hannah

Suzanne said...

Happy 16th birthday!!!

Severus said...

Japiberzai!


(Era ahir o és avui? Bé, i què és un dia en la immensitat dels 16 anys?... ;-)

joygirl said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope it's GREAT!
luv you!

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday! So, what day was your birthday? I turn 15 on the Saturday coming up.
Hope you had a wonderful day!!!

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday! So, what day was your birthday? I turn 15 on the Saturday coming up.
Hope you had a wonderful day!!!

LSEP said...

Felicitats! xD Una setmana després, però ja saps què passa quan no es té internet entre setmana... I menys mal que et vaig fer mirar el meu blog, que si no ni veies la meva felicitació personal... ^^ Mare meva, quin jovent... Quin jovent-que-poc-a-poc-va-deixant-de-ser-ho...! Un petó ben gran!