Saturday 14 July 2007

Month Stones and Flowers

The stones and their attributed meanings in brackets come first, followed by the flowers and also their meanings.

January: garnet (constancy); carnation, snowdrop (fascination, devoted love / consolation, a friend in adversity)

February: amethyst (sincerity); violet, primrose (modesty, faithfulness, virtue / young love)

March: aquamarine, bloodstone (courage); daffodil, jonquil (regard, devotion / affection returned, sympathy)

April:diamond, white sapphire (innocence); daisy, sweet pea (innocence, youth, purity / goodbye, blissful pleasure, departure)

May: emerald (love, success); lily of the valley, hawthorn (sweetness, humility, return of happiness / fertility, hope)

June: pearl, moonstone, alexandrite (health and longevity); rose, honeysuckle (love / devoted affection)

July: ruby (contentment); larkspur, water lily (laughter / purity of heart)

August: peridot, sardonyx (married happiness); gladiolas, poppy (strength of character, sincerity, generosity, natural grace / eternal sleep, imagination, oblivion)

September: sapphire (clear thinking); aster, morning glory (symbol of love, daintiness / talisman of love, affection)

October: opal, tourmaline, pink sapphire (hope); calendula, cosmos (joy / modesty)

November: topaz, citrine (fidelity); chrysanthemum (cheerfulness, you're a wonderful friend, rest, loveliness, abundance, wealth)

December: turquoise, zircon (prosperity); narcissus, holly (stay as sweet as you are, egotism, formality / foresight, good wishes)

I have always been fascinated by any kind of gems and flowers, and when I discovered that each month had one to itself I was even more wondered. May's is emmerald... this gave a friend of mine the opportunity of calling me Emm, and I like it very much!
A lot of thanks to my sister, and click here to see the original post on her blog.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I found you rblog through your comment on the Wesco's blog. We attend the church where Pastor Wesco is pastor :) and I just thought I'd drop by and say hello!

Anonymous said...

Rose? Honeysuckle? Moonstone? Alexandrite? Pearls? ME?? :D I love June :)

Anonymous said...

Is your birthday in June?? Huh... the 15th, maybe? :D

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! I've enjoyed reading some of your recent posts.

Thanks for stopping by our blog and feel free to visit anytime!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Karisse! That's a nice name you have, I really like it! Thanks for stopping by to you too, and I will visit your blog quite frequently. I really liked it. Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

I really like the sapphire and the discription behind it. :) Just wish I could live up to my birthstone. :P

Anonymous said...

How fun! I never knew there were flowers to the month, and the meanings are great, too! Thanks so much for sharing!

Let's see -- July is ruby (contentment); larkspur, water lily (laughter / purity of heart). I always knew July was a good month! Oh to have those qualities more rooted in my life!

Anonymous said...

Hello from an Emerald!!! Of course you know, but I'm one, too! And, (answering your comment on our blog) I did get your letter and mine (for you) is in the mail!
Well, have a great day!
Blessings,
Alli

Anonymous said...

Hello, Another Emmerlad! :D Nice comment, Thank you!!
Ok, I'll be waiting for your letter!
Have a great day too!