Saturday 17 September 2011

Philippians 4

In Philippians 4 I find so many verses of encouragement! I will say that the whole Bible is full of encouragement and help, but there are some specific verses that help me in specific situations, and the verses I read today in this chapter helped me in today's situation.

Verse 4 says: "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!"
Notice how it says always. We're not to rejoice in the Lord only when we're comfortable, when we're going through a good time in our lives. We're to rejoice in Him always. That "always" includes the times in which we're sad and feel let down, when we're disappointed and hurt, when we're living through tough times. Always.

Verses 6 and 7 say: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Sometimes (especially me!) we fret and worry about everything. I'm a born worrier. Sometimes I come to a state of panic. Slowly I am learning not to "be anxious" and to trust that my needs will be met in His timing. God listens to my prayers and requests, and His timing is perfect. It's definitely better than mine. To that I will add that He gives me His peace, that which "surpasses all understanding." He will give me a peace of heart and a peace of mind I cannot achieve on my own, and none but Him can give.

Finally, verse 13 says: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." What can I say? This verse is one of my favourites and such a huge encouragement and help! He gives me the exact ammount of strength and energy I need to go through each situation I live through.

My God is an awesome God.

1 comment:

Jerusalem-Shalom said...

Gracias por tu comentario!! es verdad lo que dices ahi los niños se lo pasaban pipa con cualquier cosilla y a mi que los niños son una debilidad... pues genial! todo un regalo del Señor!