Wednesday 28 September 2011

Your Servant Loves It


"Your word is very pure; therefore your servant loves it."

Psalm 119:140

When school started I started a habit which I am very thankful for. We have more or less a half an hour of drive to where I go to shcool, and during that time I always read some Psalms, as many as I can fit into a half an hour of thinking about what I'm reading and pondering on the chapters I read. I find that when someone's in need, especially emotionally (in my situation, in any case), the Psalms are very good and bring plenty of comfort.

I kicked off with Psalm 119, which speaks about God's words and His commandments. I loved the way David continually talks about the delight he finds in God's word, the pleasure he finds in keeping His commandments! It was very encouraging.

As the days passed on I finished reading chapter 119, and went on reading. In the mornings I usually pray, among other things, for God to give me strength to live through that day and overcome any challenge that comes my way. It is incredible the way He's answered me up until now... that is, through a verse from one of the Psalms I will have read on a certain day. On that day I would read some chapters in Psalms, and a certain verse would stand out to me with a promise or an encouragement, and I would cling to that verse the whole day, repeating it to myself and thinking it over in my head whenever I felt I was lacking enough strength, joy or even perseverence.

I am weak, but He is strong. Through His strength I am strong.

All this story comes from wanting to share with whoever reads this blog today's verse. I was discouraged today, because I am sick. When I'm physically weak, it is even easier for me to be emotionally weak, and so this morning I started worrying about today. When my Mum drove us to school, I started reading in the Psalms. How wonderful it was to read this verse!

"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well."

Psalm 139:14

He created me. He knows me better than anyone else in this world. He knows my weaknesses and my strengths. He knows my needs even before I come to know them. He prepares whatever it is I will need before I come to need it. His works are marvelous, incredible, amazing, out of my understanding. I most definitely know that, and for that, I will praise Him! How thankful I was today when I thought about this verse, and I can assure you it helped me through the never-ending six hours of school this morning.

No comments: