Monday 4 December 2006

Books & Books & Books and Even More Books!!

Huh!! I'm full, stuffed with new books!!! Not that I complain... =) I'm quite happy with them!! You see, last Thursday, after my lace lessons, I hopped in the library to replace my provisions of books. And, as often happens, after the Friday lessons and chores, I just began to read. I had other things to do, like my navy blue scarf that I am crocheting, and which I hope I will have finished by New Year (I want to wear it with my new special blouse, my new jacket, and my new hat. In case you want to know, the are all blue!!), or writing... But I just COUDN'T pass without reading. So, ALL the SIX books that I had borrowed (and they aren't thin) were finished by Saturday afternoon!!
I was frustrated with myself. I meant to make them last until next Thursday, but once I got reading... I just COULDN'T stop!! It's in my blood; I can't help it (sigh).
But, well, somehow, I got through, because some very good friends of ours came to visit my big sister and I. They are our age. And one of them is as fond of reading as I am, so, as usual, she brought with her some books that I could have until next time we meet. My, wasn't I relieved!!
I will try and make them last as long as possible... Thankfully, I won't have two and a half days without studying, and that will occupy my mind for a while... =) And as for the time I'm not studying... I will try and concentrate in my crochet or my music, and let's see if my five new books can last until next weekend!! =)

I think I will start a club called "Bookworms"... =D :D

No comments: