Friday 15 December 2006

Dissection of a Pig's Kidney

That's what we've done for our biology hour this afternoon. If I have to be honest, I haven't really enjoyed it. The kidneys smelled awful, and I was dizzy all the time, but otherwise, it was VERY interesting.
First of all we had to draw a diagram of the whole part (with the veins that go in and out, and all that), and another one of the kidney itself, and then we began to study the kidney. We used my microscope kit that my parents gave to me as a present one year. Wendy cut the kidney in half, and we could see the insides. We actually eat rabbit kidneys, but when I think of its job... well, I kind of get thinking "How in the world we EAT that?!?!"
Anyway, I learnt new things, and I have new knowledge.
I would like to post my diagrams, but first of all, I can't, because of the computer, and second, they aren't in English!!

No comments: