Saturday 10 February 2007

Schuberts Serenade

Warm entreaties
Gently pleading
Through the night to thee.
Say while all is calm and silent,
Dearest come to me.
Whisper precious,
Softly murmur,
In the moonlight clear,
In the moonlight clear.
None may watch thee,
None can harm thee,
Wherefore doest thou fear?
Wherefore doest thou fear?
Come and bless me here,
Come and bless me here.
And bless me here.

This song comes form a film called "Perfect Harmony". I LOVE this film!! It's beautiful. I "discovered" it last summer, and we've watched it again now. A boy called Tyler Bradshaw (Justin Whalin), about sixteen, goes to a boarding music academy, where there's a choir, lessons and all that. It looks like all is very pretty, but this academy is situated near a Negro village. This causes lots of trouble, because most of the people in the academy are racists. Then an orphaned fourteen-year-old black boy named Landy (Eugene Byrd) goes to live with his grandpa. He loves music, and "has a talent for the blues", as is described at the film. Tyler meets him, and their love for music crates a friendship between them. That brings trouble to Tyler, but all ends well. Tyler, along with his choir colleagues, sings the Serenade, being the lead soloist.
The first time I heard the song I fell in love with it, and I already know it by heart. Tyler has an exceptional voice, and it's beautiful with the organ. You should see the film!!! At the end of all, Landy sings it. It's absolutely B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I wish I could join a choir!! (sigh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that movie and the song too, but I can't find the song with sang lyrics anywhere. do you have it? Thanks, A.