Tuesday 8 July 2008

A Goldfinch

We have a goldfinch nest in our olive tree!! ^^ Sunday noon after the meeting, my Papa came to me and asked, "You like taking pictures?". When he says that, I know there is something interesting to take a photo of. So I went with him with my camera, and he showed me a sweet little nest a goldfinch had made in our olive tree. We could see it perfectly because the olive tree was right by my parents' window.
Then, (it had to happen), my batteries went dead. Thankfully, my Mummy's batteries were available, so I could take the pictures in the end.

At first, the nest was empty, but I took a pic anyway.

Then Mamma Goldfinch came along, and sat quietly on the nest for me. That was nice of her! :) I like the red feathers on her head.

And in the afternoon my little brother came crying, "She's laid her eggs! She has laid her eggs!" so I had to grab Mummy's batteries again, and take the picture. I don't know if you can see the eggs... but they were pale blue. :)

No comments: