Monday 21 July 2008

Vacation Bible School 2008

Here I am again! :) Did you miss me?
I have been a whole week helping out in a VBS some friends of ours organized, and it was a wonderful experience! I have never done this before, and I must say, I missed a lot!!
My younger brother, who is eleven, and I went, and it lasted a week. I stayed at a friend's house (Cris' house), and he stayed at another friend's house.
It was during afternoons, starting at half past five p.m. and ending and eight p.m. There were five teens helping out, occasionally a couple more.
Cris and I went there at five to help prepare the afternoon snack. We also helped preparing the different crafts that had to be made, and doing some other things.
VBS' theme was David Livingstone and Africa, and it was very interesting.
At half past five, we all went to the park and played games there with the neighbourhood children. Once everyone was tired, we sat down and sang choruses and little hymns for them, and they learned them very well. :)
Then there was a small story with a message, and the children were asked questions, about God and Christ's death and sin. It was really very nice.
Then we would go back to the meeting room to listen to the missionary story about David Livingstone, and also to do the crafts, which were all about Africa. One of them was a lion mask... =)
Then we would eat our snack, and finish off things, and answer questions the children would have, or talk, until eight p.m., when it finished till next day.
I really enjoyed it, it was very nice to tell about God to people who didn't know Him.
I took plenty of pictures. Here are a few!

Singing with two guitars. The lady standing up, with the written chorus is Rosa. The guy in the red shirt, playing the guitar, was one of the teens, named Daniel.

Here the kids were sitting down and listening to the little story. Peter, Rosa's husband, was telling the story.

A closer look... Peter with the story.

Back at the meeting room, making hand crafts.

And this is about it! It was a wonderful week.
Also, since the VBS was only during afternoons, we had free mornings, and Cris and I got to do a lot of things together. Such as going jogging, shopping together, swimming, watching videos, and a lot more things. :) A wonderful week, really!
Pray that the seed was sown in good earth, and all the children that listened to God's word may believe in Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M'agrada veure com us ho passeu pipa! Si seguiu aixi us hauran de tancar, eh! Apa cuca, una abracada.
RT