Sunday 15 December 2013

Peace

“Peace … which passeth all understanding.” 
Philippians 4:7
Jehovah, how many are they that trouble me, many they that rise up against me! (...) But thou, Jehovah, art a shield about me; my glory, and the lifter up of my head. With my voice will I call to Jehovah, and he will answer me from the hill of his holiness. I laid me down and slept; I awaked, for Jehovah sustaineth me.
Psalm 3:1,3-5
Does all trouble find your heart so resting on God as your Father, that when it is multiplied, it leaves your spirit at rest, your sleep sweet, lying down sleeping, and rising as if all was peace around you, because you know God is, and disposes of all things? Is He thus between you and your troubles and troublers? And if He is, what can reach you?
 Pilgrim Portions, selected from the Writings, Hymns, Letters, etc., of J. N. Darby
What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who against us?
Romans 8:31 

No comments: