Thursday 30 July 2009

Keeping Tradition

This is the third summer my blog lives... and as I've already done in the previous two, I am writing a garden update.

This summer my Mummy tried to grow lettuce. And grow they did! We had the most delicious salads. Don't they look lovely, green, and altogether yummyish?

Once a courgette planter, always a courgette planter...
Ahem, not quite! But this is the third time we plant courgettes, and the third time we get such huge, beautiful fruits.

We have rows of lovely, green courgette plants. =)

Once again, for the second time, we are trying to grow beans! They are much taller now, but they were growing wonderfully in that picture!

Courgettes and beans... :P

Wooops! This isn't a part of our vegetable garden... must have gotten uploaded by mistake... Hmmm... ^^

This year, as the new experiment, we are trying to grow pumpkins! This small yellow flower was the first to appear. =)

And so far, so good! Our garden is growing splendidly!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow! It looks like you have a pretty big garden!

Marian said...

That lettuce does look lovely!! :) And those courgettes/zucchini (I never knew, until your post, that there were two names for it! :) ) look great, too.

Calico Zak said...

Thanks for following my blog and the comment!

~CZ

Calico Zak said...

Well odd about the reading my whole blog, and although I thank you for reading it I will have to decline the giving out of my E-mail adress.

~CZ