Saturday 1 August 2009

Excitement! Surprise! Yay!

Dear blog friend and readers, Nuba has had her kittens!!! I'm so excited. She's had at least five kittens, if not six.
I went outside this morning, as I usually do, and called the cats. Scotty and Aluya came but Nuba was nowhere to be seen. Mummy was outside too, and we started talking about how curious it was that she hadn't come, because I think she likes me a lot and is usually the first to appear. Then Mama suggested she may have had her kittens already and was in her hiding place with them. She also advised me not to look for them because she doubted I'd find them.
But I'm stubborn. And yes, I started searching for her. I thought of all the places where Nuba could have found a suitable hiding place to have her babies, and started looking for her. Not behind this thick bush... not behind this pile of wood... not under the garden sink (which is very crouded)...
I finally came to my last place, the shed. When I went in and called her name softly, nothing could be heard, and I couldn't see her. I didn't want to give up the search, but it looked like I wouldn't find her there, so I turner around.
And, just as I did, I heard the faintest, tiny mew coming from inside. I stood paralised, wondering if I had imagined it. It had been so faint I may have confused it with some other garden noise. But no, I didn't hear it again. I looked around the shed and saw this huuuuge pile of cardboard Papa uses when he paints. They were very big, and leaning on the wall in an upright position, but slightly tilted, so there was still space between the wall and the bottom of the cardboards. Perfect place for a cat to hide.
So I called out her name again with a soft, inviting voice. But nothing happened. I pulled the cardboards a little, but I saw nothing. So I retreated a little.
And then I heard it. This faint rustle, as if something was moving behind the cardboards. This time it was clear and I hadn't imagined it. So I pulled the cardboards carefully from the wall again, and peeped down. And sure enough, there was my sweet Nuba there, with the sweetest, softest, furriest and altogether loveliest little kittens you are going to find on this earth! I was so excited! But I talked softly to Nuba so she wouldn't be alarmed, and then went to tell the rest of the family. My Papa counted five kittnes, and he wasn't sure if there was another one there!
Friends, I'm SO excited!! They are so sweet! Already we've been searching for names, and we have a couple chosen. Such as Nika, if there is a female! :D
Yay! I'm so excited! I love kittens! And it was such a grand surprise!

11 comments:

Hannah Nicole said...

I didn't have time to read the whole post, but I got the whole idea. (I think)

YEAH! Sounds so exciting!!! :D

Hannah

Rain Of Ideas said...

Hi!! Ericken here! (you said I could post comments on your blog using this one ^^)
That is so cool Nuba had her kittens!!! I wish I could have been there to see them with you!!

Severus said...

Això et converteix en tia dels gatets? ;-)

Deborah said...

Awww!!! They must be sooo cute!

LocaChica said...

Yay!! There better be pics soon!! -Adria

CrisVF said...

q noticia tan buena!! ya tienes tus gatitos ^^ se nota k estas muy feliz , weno esperamos fotos
q hay ganas de ver a los gatitos jejee

joygirl said...

Awwww!!!! :D

Hannah Marie said...

I've awarded you!

Unknown said...

No I have not read them or heard of them! What are they about?

Estrelleta said...

I'm glad to hear that Chewy is doing well. I hope Cookie is also.

Jare said...

When I was little, one time we went to a friends house to stay at for a few days and I was in love with cats at the time.
But anyway, their cat went into the closet and I followed her there. She was lying on some clothes.
I picked her up and thats when I noticed that there was something Moving under the clothes!
I put the cat down and lifted my friend’s shirt up and there was a kitten!
It seems that the owners did not know that there cat was pregnant, and the mama cat had actually had her kittens in the closet-without them knowing. It turned out that they were only a few hours old.
(I got blood on my shirt from the mama, but I didn't even mind)
It was so much fun telling the family and seeing them run into that little room.
My friends’ mom then got the 3 kittens (which is probably why they didn't know, what with there not being very many), and put them on her bed with the mama cat with lots of food and water for her.

Us kids (we were like 7 and 8) were not allowed in there.
But I still remember it as a fond memory.

-Lib