Friday 1 June 2007

What Can Happen When You Hang The Washing

I think that that's the longest title I've written up until now...
Anyway, what can happen when you hang the wasing? Well, I'll tell you!
I have just hanged the washing... A dark washing, by the way... So I took it out of the washing machine, and into the basket. You can think by now that laundry is kind of my job... ;)
Anyway, so I went to the back of the house, where we have the hanging lines, and just began taking pegs and using them to hang the washing. And then, my always companion when I hang the washing came to visit me. Well, at first he didn't recognize me, so he gave the always cry of alert. Huh? Who am I talking about?
Aw, of course! I am talking about the swallows! They have their nest out on our shed, right by the hanging place!
Well, when he gave his usual cry of alert, I looked up, and talked to him. TALKED to a swallow... yes, I have this habit of talking to the birds... I talk to the swallows, to the parakeets, to the sparrows, to the pigeons... Anyway, when he heard my voice, he calmed down, sat on the fence, and began singing.
Then Mrs. Swallow arrived, carrying something on her beak... Well, I don't know which is which. It might be that the first swallow was Momma swallow... :)
And so she was carrying something in her beak, like a worm, or something, and went to the nest, and then I heard the little 'uns crying for food.
It was the first time I heard baby swallows!! I had never heard them before, and not that I hadn't gone to hang the washing few times.
So when the swallows went away to fetch more food, I creeped up, on my toes, and I SAW THE BABIES!! Oh, you just can't imagine how cute they are!!!
God did create amazing animals!!! They were crying out, with their tiny yellow beaks, and ruffly black heads... Oh, I just dont know how to explain it!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...they sound so sweet! I remember about 4 or 5 yeras ago my great Aunt put us in charge of 2 orphaned baby birds and we took care of them for a couple days then gave them to the local nature center where they raised them and then let them go...such a sweet memory!! ;)
Baby birds are adorable, aren't they? When I think of baby birds I always think of God's protection and love for us, just like a momma bird's protection and love for her little 'uns ;)

Anonymous said...

aw, baby birds ;) I keep finding dead ones on the sidewalks when I go out for a walk :'(

Speaking of birds, I hung a bird feeder in the backyard quite awhile ago... Safe from cats and dogs or any other such predator. But what do the birds eat? They fly up by the back door and eat the dog's food... Today one actually flew in the house!!! Fortunately it flew back out yelling :) Reminded me of the little fish on Nemo who were daring each other to "touch the 'butt'" :)

Anonymous said...

So you've seen "Finding Nemo"?? Oh,, I love that film!! It's so funny, tender and everything at the same time!
Yes, Dustynne, it does make me think that way too! But, just think of it... There must be hundreds and lots of animals in this world... and each one is diffrent! God is SO amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Cousin,

In the morning I usually leave my bedroom slide-door a bit opened. Because of it, the funniest thing happened the other day.
Some days ago I left home to go to work. I forgot my cell phone at home, so I ran up the stairs again, got in my room and what did I see? A bird! That never happened to me before. When the bird saw me it flew near the door of my bedroom. I closed it so it wouldn't enter into my corridor. I opened the balcony as wide as I could and led him out...That bird was frightened all right. But it was "happy" to get out again!

Love ya allways,

your cousin Anders Viking