Saturday 9 June 2007

It Smells Like Summer

Oh, I love weekends! They are wonderful days where I can have delightful times with my family... what would I do without them!
Yesterday evening smelled like summer... the air was fresh, and I could hear the little birds singing their last song as the sun slowly went to bed... and the air smelled fresh and pure, and... oh, I just don't know how to explain myself! Why are sometimes feelings you can't explain? How I like people to feel what I feel and the way I enjoy it!
It was just so beautiful! I felt so nice and blessed and so thankful to God! I just can't explain how I feel...
Well, yesterday I wasn’t the only one feeling happy, ad Mama, just as I was finishing my letter to a friend, called me to come down and help her with supper. So I did, and what was the first thing she said?? Go and clean the table outside, for we are going ot eat there!!!! Just think of it, as I was feeling THAT way, Mummy tells me the thing I had been wishing!! Aw, how nice Mummies are! Mine especially! ;-)
Well, so I went outside and asked the little one to go and fetch me the hose while I just got the table ready, and so he did, and after discussing who of us three (my two younger brothers and I) would do the work, we decided we would do it all three together. So all by suprise Al got the hose on, and the littl’ ‘un got soaking wet, and so did I. Then, after getting the table soaking wet, we cleaned it with a soaking wet cloth, and when we finished the work on the table I chased the two boys all around the garden with the hose on, and we all got wet and had a happy and great time... Ah, the fun of childhood, what would I do without little brothers!!
Then Al, the big and strong younger brother, (;-]) helped me with the table, and between us two we got it placed under the apricot tree. I know a song by recorder called “Under the Linden Tree”... This time under the apricot tree! ;-)
The we had supper outside and as it got dark it got nicer, and fresher and more (deep breath)... ahhhh! Summerish! ;-)
And before going to bed we wathced two episodes of Little House on the Prairie. And since we already sleep with our windows open, I went to sleep with thw word SUMMER in my head... Can’t wait until the swimming pool opens, and I can dive in!
SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER! Deep sigh... Ah! I love summer! I just feel so blessed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Gem, I know exactly how you feel! I am exactly the same way. I love summer...it's so exhilarating and passionate...it makes you want to stand outside under an apple tree, jump up and down and scream!! ;)
And I know exactly how you feel about expressing yourself, too...I feel that way so often. Frustrating, isn't it? ;)
Oh well...we'll learn how to express ourselves someday! ;)

I feel like a baby just learning to talk once in a while.

And...my favorite saying...
"English needs to be fixed!"
There aren't enough words!
You're blessed...you know more than one language! (and I will too soon, Lord willing!)

Anonymous said...

June's the best time of year, isn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Dustynne, I like the way my friends understand me! "It makes you want to stand outside under an apple tree, jump up and down and scream!!" That's EXACTLY the way I feel... Wow, I feel so much like screaming and jumping and singing and yelling and just going crazy! ;) What language are you going to learn?
Yep, BrittLeigh, June is one of the best... not to say the best, 'cause I preffer May, 'cause it's my birthday! ;)

Anonymous said...

um...lots I hope! ;)
most of all I want to learn Hebrew. but I'll probably tackle Spanish first!