Friday 22 June 2007

What Everyone's Been Waiting For

Well, I guess it's more than a weekend, for what I have to say begins on Thursday. You know, with my brother’s concert, and the Twins birthday. Well, there isn’t much to say concerning the Twins’ birthday. I only have to say that I called them that evening, and we chatted for about an hour... I use to take THAT long talking to my friends.

But my brother’s concert was something I enjoyed very much. My Papa came to get me from my bobbing-lace lesson a quarter of an hour sooner to be in time, and then we went to get Mummy and the others. Bro was already at the place where the concert was to be held, and we got there in time. We had good seats, too! And when the concert began we all quieted.
My sister and I waited until it was Bro’s turn, and even tough it’s not very ladylike, we were the first ones to cheer him and whistle... Anonymous, and Dustynne, okay, you smile, and so can JoyGirl, but that’s me... and I do know how to whistle with my fingers. Anonymous taught me to. ;-)
Bro played really well, I’m very proud of my brother, and I’m very proud that I was chosen to be his sister! We were so proud of him, all of us, and still are!

And next day was my turn!! I didn’t get VERY nervous — at first. So well, my flute teacher came to get me at about half past five and we headed for the Music School. Over there I helped Laura with the programes, folding them and folding them and folding them again. There were HUNDREDS of programs to fold! And what’s worse Teacher didn’t pay me for all my work... *grin* Gradually all the player came, and when my partner arrived we began rehersal. My partenr is a year younger than me, and we have the same name... ;-) She was far more nervous than I was... I was only a lEEtl bit nervous, and if I got more along the day I wasn’t worried, because when I play I relax and have a good time.
After rehersal it was near the concert time, so the players went to one of the rooms (camerinos, I like to call them) and waited for IT to begin. Before half past seven people began to come, including my family and some neighbours, and a about twenty-five to eight or so we could go in. And IT began.
A little later I got a BIG surprise. The whole W Family were entering the room, together with Mrs. F and Master F!!! My, I DID get nervous then... I don’t know why. I had been praying so hard for them to come, but at first they didn’t know if they could, and they did!!!! I was so happy... and I got more nervous. Never mind...
When finally it was our turn I realized that I was trembing. I was so nervous... I went up the stage... and then, suddenly, I felt calm and relaxed and fine... but I was STILL trembling.
Everything went smoothly, and we played rather well. As we were the oldest ones, we were the last ones to play.
Something I have to say... I had a GREAT time, I was very glad my family and friends could come, and I’m looking very forward to the next concert!!! ;-)

Next Saturday (tomorrow to my concert) was something to expect too! It was my Twin Friends’ Brithday Party! We all went, even though my two older siblings and I had been planing to go alone by train, and we had such a good time!!! We got there at about two p.m., and were the second ones to arrive. Of course, their friends from the neighbourhood were there first! So we got there, and chatted and waited until the other friends were there. Then we had lunch. We had so much fun! I don’t really know how to explain it... children (I’m talknig about fourteen-year-olds up to eighteen-year-olds) ate outside and parents inside. We sat there, eating and chatting and joking and laughing anf having a great time.
At first everyone was shy and quiet, because most of us didn’t know each other. But then the ice was broken and after all we had a very nice time indeed.
After lunch we went to a entertaintment place (don’t know EXACTLY how it’s called. I only know it’s a place where people go there to have fun and play football or something like that, where people can also have picnicks... it’s like a big meadow). We just went there, got a ball and started playing football. I was goalkeeper... that’s a thing I can do well at football. I can also run, but I prefer keeping goals out. And I did, too. In the first game we won at Six to One, and the second game we lost at Two to One. I had such a great time!! And then when the Twins (there were two pairs of twins) and I raced to the fountain (boy, wasn’t it hot that day!), I won! I love running.
Then we planned to go to the beach, but in the end we couldn’t... ;·(
Anyway, we had a delightful time, and I want to say... Happy Birthday, Twins!!

Then last Wednesday was Wendy’s turn... she had HER violin concert, and my, didn’t she triumph! She played so well that the people didn’t stop cheering and she had to play a bis. I’m so proud of her too!!
Our cousin and her husband, and also Grandma, came to see her. And after her concert, to celebrate her success, we all went to an ice-cream shop and had a delightful time licking a delicious ice-cream!
Mine was (my cousin told me that originally they are called After-Eight...) a mint with chocolate pips ice-cream, and dear me, didn’t I enjoy it!
My sister is... THE BEST!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My word...that could only be you writing this down...Always a pleasure to read your "happenings". Keep on, I love it!

Anonymous said...

You bet I will! Nice to know that SOMEONE actually likes my blog (I think I've already said this to another friend... ;])

Anonymous said...

SOMEONE?? SOMEONE??
You have to be kidding, Gem! ;)
I LOVE your blog...as a matter of fact...I always like to put off the most fun thing till last...and I "sometimes" put off yours till last coz it's superdeedooper fun, but - amazingly - most of the time I can't wait ;)
So...all that to say I like your blog.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh!! You're a darling, Dustyne... *sniff, sniff* I'm touched.
But how come you're commenting on THIS post? Have you, by any chance, read it? No, I don't believe so.

Anonymous said...

He-he...
No, I think not!
I did NOT read it...I simply commented.
And the only reason I commented was because I saw what Anders Viking commented and then when you said "glad someone likes my blog" I just had to respond :D
Who doesn't like to read another person's comments? (whether they read the post or not! :D)

Anonymous said...

*giggles*

Anonymous said...

Well, you sure made up for all that time not writing! Enjoyed your musical experiences, keep it up! Your cuz, MarcDaniel

Anonymous said...

Well, I kinda like doing this, just not writing for a while and then come up with a huge post. That happens because if I don't write it's because I'm busy, and if I'm busy it's most likely with something interesting... like now!

Anonymous said...

*giggles*
Good one, Jampot Gem! :)