Tuesday 22 May 2007

Another Concert

You can’t guess what wonderful time we had last Saturday night!
Last week, Wednesday, I met my flute teacher and another girl (named like me, by the way) who also plays the flute, to prepare for the End of Year Concert. We are going to play together, and I’m really looking forward to the 15th of June!! Anyway, we were talking while I waited for Papa to come and get me, and while we did, we talked baout concerts (funny!)
My flute teacher told Gem and Gem that a a concert for Cello and Orchestra was to ver given next Saturday at… ten p.m.!! I pricked my ears up instantly… A cello concert! Wow, that wasn’t something to be missed! But at ten p.m…. That was something I would have to talk with my parents.
My Papa told me that he was very tired, and Mama wasn’t able to take us, but if my flute teacher could take us (my sister and I) to the concert, we could go! So dear me, you could see me waiting for three days impatiently looking forward to Saturday… Thursday… only two days left! Friday… One day left… Saturday… Some hours left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, when eight struck, Wendy and I began to prepare. I washed my hair, we dressed, (I wore my new lilac skirt with a black blouse), and we had supper. I took my purse. My best friend gave it to me last birthday, and I save it for very special occasions, like concerts and Sundays and parties and such.
So it was half past nine, and we waited impatiently for the “taxi” to come and get us and finally!, it got here!
When we got to the Conservatory, we quickly went in and surprise! We had seats on the second row! Wow, from there we could see everything, and there was a girl who played the violin who had beautiful long hair!!
There were two pieces for cello and orchestra and the soloists played really well. I enjoyed it very much.
Anyway, what I think was very funny is that when we were going out we saw the second soloist… Or at least we thought so! We went to her, and congratulated her, but, “Oh, it’s not me, it’s my twin sister!” My, that was a surprise!
The way back was very funny and cheerful, and we arrived home at quarter to one… :S And went to bed at one!
I like concerts!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love them too! I have only been to two, but they were so much fun! Beautiful music! And have you ever heard Handel's Messiah?

Anonymous said...

Nope, I haven't! How does it sound? (if you are capable to tell me by a comment or an e-mail... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Phwhat? You haven't heard Haendel's Messiah???? Ask Wendy of the Winds...

Anonymous said...

Okay, okayyyyyy!!! I will, I will!
PHno, I haven't heard it!

Anonymous said...

Phwoops, I guess I never did reply to this, did I? ;)
Well, I can't exactly tell you how it sounds...hmm...well, let's just say it's pretty ;)

Anonymous said...

Phah! Okay! Phthis is hilarious... ;)