Monday 14 May 2007

A Kinda Stressing Week

I didn't really realize how hard it is to be a Mummy until now, and now was all of a sudden. Well, I guess that when I marry, I'll be more capable, for I'll be older and I will only have to care for my husband and I, and as (hopefully) babies come, I'll gradually get used to take care of a larger family. But... To be fourteen and be a "mummy" so suddenly to seven people (icluding the real Mummy) is kind of hard. I've liked this week, and I consider it a lesson from the Lord. As Mummy sat on the sofa last Wednseday, I had just finished doing the lunch dishes and went to sit with her. So I asked, "Mummy, I wonder what purpose God has in letting you brake your foot." I personally think that over all of the possibilities, a lesson of patience is above all. For both Mummy and us children. Mummy doesn't like being ALL the day sitting on the sofa (and mark it, she'll have to have the plaster until June!), and she gets kind of tired of it. And I have learned a lot of patience, for, instead of having my normal free times, I had work to do, and sometimes I would get angry inside of me, and do the work grumbling.
Last Friday evening was a funny evening. Now I think about it I laugh. My older brother was washing the dishes or something alike, and I had to do supper, dry the dishes and put away the huge shopping we'd done that afternoon. So I dried some dishes, and placed the rest of the wet ones on a towel so Bro would have place to put the washed ones. Then I stirred the rice and I would get pineapple tins and put them away. The I would stirr the rice again, and dry some more dishes. Then I would get tomato sauce bricks and I would put them away, and stirred the rice again, later getting the cereal packs in their plce. Then I would dry the rest of the dishes, stirr the rice and get the vegetables on the vegetble-shelf. I would stirr the rice again, and dry some more dishes, and so on. You can imagine me laughing at me right now.
This Friday evening is an example day. I think that to be a Mummy is nice, but also a GREAT responsability.
The normal day of this week was... I woke up early, like always, and had breakfast, dress myself, make my bed... and all the rest of morning arrangements. Then I would wake up the little ones, and help them do the same. Then I went out and did a little gardening. We had to do it quite ealry, because even at eight a.m. in the morning it was already hot, and we already have "baby" grapes, and "baby" zuchini plants! The petunias are beautiful this year, and also the snapdragons are getting wonderful. Mama is planning to plant watermelons too.
Then I would go in, and shower, and then, at nine, we would start studying, with our daily Proverbs chapter. I would study until one p.m., and start lunch. At quarter to two Papa would come home, and eat lunch. Then, he would leave at quarter past three, and at half past the older ones would arrive home from college. After they had lunch, we washed the dishes, and at four I would start studies again until six. At six, if by any chance I didn't have to hang washing or iron or any other lose chore (which I usually enjoy doing), I would have my free time. Then at eight I would have to stop whatever I was doing an start supper. The little ones had supper first, and the the older ones (which I, as a fourteen year-old, was included... *giggles* You will soon get tired of my "FOURTEENS", but I am so exited about them!), and then I would normally have at least an hour of free time after the dishes and before going to bed.
Now that I think about it, I used to think that we had kind of boring day, but now, I realize that actually, there isn't any time to get bored!! :)
I was forggeting... The parakeets are also a "new chore"... They are really Mummy's, so until now, since they are hers, she liked to take care of them and feed them. But now it's our job, for she can't do it... =( But they are really amusing. They are talking and shrieking continually, and I sometimes feel like just bursting with laughter when I feed them. And do you know what? Mummy was saying the other day that she would like to have rabbits... I would really like to too!
Then, last Saturday our friends the "Twin Family" came. I call them this way becuase they have a pair of twins that are great friends of mine. Also one of Wendy's friends came to spend the week with us. You see, the two older ones, as I said before, go to college, and they had the "End of Year Trip" this week, but they didn't go, so they have holidays for a week, and so Wendy's friend came. So we have extra help during this week... =)
Anyway, we are really good friends with the twins, they are also fourteen (but not for long. Next month they'll be fifteen! Not fair!), and we did a lot of gardening together, and we cooked together, and we washed the plates together, and we slept together! Oh, that was most fun! Because when they come and spend the week-end with us, we sleep alone, and we stay talking for hours and hours until late at night... Not really, but we stay up until maybe twelve or one a.m. maybe. They left Sunday afternoon, but Wendy’s friend is still here.
And THIS is why I haven't been posting anything on my blog for more'n a week!
And I almost forgot to mention the most (or almost) important thing... I have four more presents! All from the Twin family... One is a pair of new flip-flops... Now I have six! Say, two old ones, two new camouflage ones, and two navy-blue ones! Also a "perfect twist"... That's very useful. The other two are two more key-rings. They are both advertising key-rings, but they are very cool. Now I have forty-two key-rings! I collect them, you know...
So, anyway, I'm learning lots of things. You know, Mummy brok her foot on my birthday! So the first days of my fourteens are being very useful.
I'm having a wonderful time!
=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Gem, sounds like you had a buuuussssssyyyyyy week! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, something like it! :-) But it was very interesting, and as a friend once told me, very "educational"! =)

Anonymous said...

Dear Gem,
You are doing a good job helping mother do all of her chores...Now you are learning how hard Mother works for you each day...not an easy job to do "mom's things", eh?

You ARE doing a great job! Keep on doing this great work...! Mother must be proud of you. And for sure, you'll be a fine wife when the Lord gives you a husband.

By the way...I'd love to try your cuisine some day...you must know more about cooking than me by now :-)

Tell your mother to get well soon!

Anders Viking