Tuesday 15 May 2007

A Concert Just For Fun

This afternoon has been rather …ahem… amusing.
Since you know, Mummy has one foot plastered, and gets exasperated because she can’t move or do anything. So yesterday, by surprise, Wendy… Okay, let me begin at the beggining. Yesterday was a lazy day… We were all very tired so we got up kind of later than usual. We also have, as you know, Wendy’s friend, Raquel, here, so we all have like holidays. We do study, but not SO much… :S So I was writing, my two younger brothers were playing at Raquel’s portable computer, she was on Wendy’s bed, and so was Wendy. So, out by surprise, she declared that we were going to have a concert for Mama this afternoon! We got everything ready in a little more than twenty-four hours… I didn’t know we could do that!! Anyway, we chose nice music pieces, songs, duets and… well, you know, everything needed for a concert.
This afternoon you could see Wendy swish in front of you, placing the piano in an elegant position, all of us tuning our instruments (flute, violin, and two recorders; the piano isn’t exactly …ahem… tuned, but it had to do), and finally half past five came.
We walked down the stairs and bowed. I was the first one, then my youngest brother, then Raquel, then Al, and finally Wendy. We got hands, and bowed… which, if anybody’s seeen our living room, was quite a fact, considering the size of it… :-)
Youngest brother played first… two little pieces on piano. Oh, he looked so cute! He was just too much, he is such a dear little boy! Then I played… A little but a very nice Israelian piece called “Donna, donna”, and then Al played two pieces on piano from his piano book, called “Goin’ Fishin’”, and “Slumber Boat”. Finally Raquel played three beautiful pieces on piano, a Valse and a piece called “Nocturna”, and I don’t remember what else… :S She is a really good player, and she is studying to be a professional concertist. I really admire her! All these solos took half an hour, and at six we stopped, and had like a refreshment, a snak, where we served and had tea, and ate something. Then just before starting the second part of the concert (duets, trios and pieces together), our neighbour came to the concert. The first piece was a voice one, called Krinitsa where we only “uh-uhed”, but we had diffrent melodies. Then Wendy and I played a piece called “Reichtum Ist Nicht Für Alle”, which means, “Riches aren’t for all”, and I like it very much. Then I played a duet with Raquel for piano and flute, the “Minuet in G” by Bach, and then Wendy and Raquel did a duet… Raquel at the piano, and Wendy singing. Wendy has a beautiful voice! Then Wendy and I played a duet by flute and recorder. It is very short, but it’s very cute… It’s called “Air de Trois Notes”, and then, Raquel, Wendy and I played a piece together from “Les Choristes” called “Vois Sur Ton Chemin”, with Raquel at the piano, Wendy at the violin and I at the flute, and the last of lasts, Wendy and Raquel played a beautiful Sonata, which I also took part in by turning the pages! Alltogether we had a wonderful time, and it took an hour and a half! We calculated that it wouldn’t take more than an hour… :S
They also asked for “encores”, so Al played one, Raquel also, and so did Wendy. Mummy told us she had had a wonderful time, and I am glad she did, for we organized this “concert” to amuse her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear...I would love to play canon in D...isn't that what you said it was??
wish I could have heard the concert! Too bad you couldn't have taped it and sent it to people! ;)

Anonymous said...

No, I think I wrote Minuet in D... Who cares, anyway. But it's a very pretty piece...
Humm, and that's not a bad idea! Maybe I'll think about it in the future... :) I couls do it, couldn't I? *smile*

Anonymous said...

An absolute brilliant idea to amuse your mother this way!
I'm glad to hear about the family's musical talent. Thanks for writing the essay!

Anders Viking