Tuesday 29 May 2007

A Very Nice Book

I have lately finished a book that really impressed me. My mother got a film from the library which reminded me of that book. Believe it or not, even thou I have been wanting to read it for a looooooong time, I haven't until now.
So when I got home, I quikly asked my sister if she could lend it to me, and I started reading it. Huh? Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell you what book it is! Well, have you ever heard about Anne Frank? Well, it's a book she wrote. Well, it isn't exactly a book, but it's kind of like it. It's her diary.
Anne Frank was a Jewish girl who lived during the period of Wolrd War II. She lived hidden for two years from the nazins. She was thirteen when she hid with her family (Parents and sister Margot), Another family (Mr. and Mrs. Van Daan* and their son Peter), and a dentist, Mr. Dussel.*
The book relates her daily life, their frights and troubles. Then one day, some days right after her fifteenth birthday, they were discovered, and carried to a concentration camp. They all died but Mr. Frank, who later was given Anne's diary. And he published it.
I really enjoyed reading the book, and guess what!! Mummy got the film from the library, and we are going to watch it next Friday (I hope). I am really very impatient, and I'll tell you how I liked the film after watching it.

*Not their real name. Anne Frank changed them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've read part of that book! It was really interesting! It was nice to read about that time period from the eyes of a girl about my age!

Anonymous said...

I love Anne Frank! I have read that book sooo many times... And I have the movie, but I haven't watched it yet :)