Saturday 5 May 2007

It's 5th Of May Now...

...and 364 days to my next birthday!! :(
Oh, really, but I can't complain. From all the days I recall of my FOURTEEN years of life, yesterday was the best!! Thank you so much to all those who called, e-mailed or contributed in SOME way to make my birthday a wonderful and impossible-to-forget day! I was very pleased, and had just a delicious time!
Yesterday when I went to bed I did a lot of thinking (as I do always, for wile I wait to fall asleep I can't do anything else), and thought of how much God has blessed me in fourteen years, and I am so grateful to Him for everything I have!
Everything I have is because of Him. All the present that I got and still have to get, He made it possible. Each and everyone I know and love is because of Him. He created them. ALL IS BECAUE OF HIM! Each and every blessing I have came from His precious hands. And I am so grateful! "I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude" Psalms 109:30

I guess you want to know how My Day went, so I will tell you a little about it.
I got up as always, earlier than I would like, since it was my birthday. =) But... I had to shower and we wanted to go to the library and to the marketplace as we always go on Fridays. So I frowned at the alarm clock and got ready. You may smile when I say that I frowned at the alarm clock, but I was bothered because I had been dreaming until then and the constant beeeeeeeeep-beeeeeeeeep of it broke the spell, and I stopped dreaming. >:(
Anyway, as I said, I showered, dressed, and helped Mama around with breakfast and everything like all the rest of the days. Then we got in the car and went to the market. There (wow, I was so happy!) I found a skirt I had been looking for two years. A long, navy-blue denim skirt, long to the ground. I was so happy! I had accorded with Mama that since we didn't find one and I wanted one so much I would make it myself, and well, I had to find it one my birthday too! :)
So we went also to the library, and back home, and once there I changed to my new skirt. (a little after when one of my friends called and I told her about the skirt and that I was wearing it she exclaimed "So you did like it after all!" *laughs*)
But well, lets go back to the morning... Mama, as always when it's our birthday, declared that I had a free day! It's wonderful not to study on your birthday... :) So I played my flute for some time, and after that I went to check my mail and had three new messages wishing me a happy birthday ! I received more along the day, especially the one from my best friend! Love ya, Jey!!
And well, finally we had lunch, and we has stake! Yummy, I love stake. We also had pasta salad (delicious), and these kind of yummy food I like so much! *smile*
And during lunchtime I opened my presents! My parents' present, as most of you know, is a digital camera!! I had been asking for one since I was quite young, since I discovered photography. And I kind of liked it and I dreamed of being a photographer when I grew up (*smile*). Anyway, even tough it is no very probable of me to become one, I like photography anyway, and finally, I got a camera, and I won't bother my older sister anymore when I want a photo of something... *smile* Love you!!
Ay little brother gave me a lip-care. what I specially like from it is its smell... Oh, dear, I could easily eat it! It has such a sticky cherry smell that's quite irresistible! :)
My younger brother (who is younger than me but older than my little brother) gave me three cases with twelve leads for my mechanical-pencil. So, really, I have thirty-six leads in total!
I also got three pars of socks (with fruit prints on them) from Nina, and dot-stickers from Ian. Nina is a doll, and Ian is a teddy bear. :)
When my older siblings arrived from college I had two more presents!
My Wunnerful Sister (I kind of gotten into the habit of calling her this way *smile*) gave camouflage flip-flops. They are pink with splodges of grey and green all over them :) I am wearing the right now. They are very comfortable and useful, because I can't wear my fancy shoes in the house, and either can go bare-footed (which I have until now *smiles*), so what do I do? Wear flip-flops! The old ones are still very new, even though I used them a lot last summer (they are warm-weather wearing, you know), but I needed a pair for when I went on holidays (then they could stay on the caravan), and a pair to have in house. So my Wunnerful Sister had a great idea in giving them to me! *smiles*
My older brother (who is older than me but younger than my older sister) gave me a pair of headphones. Wendy sometimes lends me her Discman for when I want to listen to a little music, and my brother also needs headphones for himself, so we were always waiting for the other to finish with them s we could use them Until I wrote "Headphones" on my birthday list and he bought them for me. :)
Then friends began to call. The first one to call was my friend from Madrid. And with her, they gave me her present. That was the mysterious parcel they had been hiding until now!! We talked for about half ano hour or more (I didn't really count the time), and meanwhile I opened the parcel... :) there was SUCH a cute little frog in it!! It is a stuffed toy, and when you press its middle it croaks! :) In the parcel there was also a little blue wood box with a cute little girl on the top, which when I opened it I discovered that there was a very pretty necklace in it! :)
And The Twins phoned too! I talked to half an hour with each of them, both such a dears!! I love them very much, and they told me they had a present for me :) It's so nice to have loving friends... *sigh*
During the afternoon we watched "The Fox and the Hound". I like that film very much, it's so cute! In case you want to know a little bit about it, it's about a fox and a hound (really?? who would have said it!). Tod is the fox, and his mother was killed when he was a baby. Then an old lay that keeps a farm adopts him, and they live together. Copper is a hunting puppy. Both are best friends when they are puppies (I don't know how do you call a baby fox) they are best friends, but when they grow up, Copper becomes a real hound, and they can't be friends anymore for he should really hunt Tod. Then, understanding the danger the old widow takes Tod to a NO-HUNTING place (I don't remember how it's really called... OH, dear me, a hunting-restricted thing??, I don't know, sorry!), and Tod fins Bigsie, a female fox. (this HAD to happen!!)
But without wanting Tod had hurt Chief, Copper's friend and instructor in hunting (Chief's a dog), and Copper was mad at him and told him he would hunt him "If it was the last thing he would do!!"
So one day Copper and his master set out ignoring the NO-HUNT thing and try and hunt Tod, who wants to defend Bigsie (in case you didn't know, Tod and Bigsie are in love), and they run away to hide in their little hole, but while in one end Copper's master had set fire, in the other Copper and his master were waiting with the gun. So they had to go though the fire, and then they climbed a waterfall.
Then a grey bear attacks Copper and his master, and Tod goes to help them. Tod and the bear fall off the waterfall, and when (even thought he had saved his life!!) Copper's master was going to shoot him, Copper is noble and doesn't let him. And the film ends happily with Copper and Tod being friends, and Tod and Bigsie together again! *sniff*
We had a wonderful afternoon, and then I have to tell you that I have photos from my birthday, some taken with MY camera, others with Mama's. :)
When Papa arrived and the end of the day was coming, Mama shut me out of the kitchen and (with the rest of the family in, so I was all alone :[ ) I waited sitting on the sofa and reading a book I like very much called “Ben and Kit”. But then they called me, and I had to go to the kitchen. It was spooky: the lights were off, and I could see a dim light on something brown… A CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!!!!!!!! It had blue candles, red candles and yellow candles. Mummy calls that specific cake “Crazy Chocolate Cake”. Soooooo attracting! :) It had sugar flowers on it, lilac, pink, yellow ones, and there was only one white flower on the middle, which was for me! It looked so delicious!! I really enjoyed that cake. My brother made it… :)
THEN came the biggest WOW of the day! We were going to have supper at a Chinese restaurant! Some weeks ago I had told Mama why we didn't go anymore, and that I liked Chinese food so much and I wanted to go again, and I guess that's what made the think of giving me this big treat on my birthday! So we went, and had a wonderful time. Besides because the food is delicious, I like Chinese restaurants because on the walls (at least on the one that we go) they have a little representation of the Great Wall, and tanks with lots of exotic fish, and everything so nice! And guess what! I learned how to use Chinese sticks!! Wendy taught me how, and I still have them (I mean the Chinese sticks). they are very pretty, and I liked eating with them (although eating rice with them was VERY difficult!!) :) For dessert I had truffles... Yummy, I love them and they were SO cold!!
Then, at qaurter past ten they began to say, in five minutes it'll be your real birthday (because I was born at twenty minutes past ten p.m.), and so they waited. But we began to talk, and forgot about it! Then, I looked at my watch, and exclaimed, it's already twenty-five past!! My first fourteen-year-old kiss as to Mummy and from Mummy... and also my Papa, brothers and sister... She was sitting next to me. And then, well, we went home.
We came back quite late, but anyway, the fun hadn't ended. We all went outside the garden and burned sparklers!!! They were colour ones, so I burned a red sparkler and a green one. And the rest also burned diffrent ones. I like sparklers a lot, and we could "write on the darkness". :)
After that, we did go to bed.
And oh well, I had a wonderful time all the day and I am very happy, and I am FOURTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.: By the way, yesterday wile I was sorting my presents out, a cat came up the window where Mummy has her plant (we are growing zucchinis, I think), and Mama run to the window because we didn't want the cat to break the plants. Normally we put food for them there, and the poor animal probably thought that they were food. But on her way to scare the cat away Mama hit a chair with her foot and broke a bone in it. :( Now she has a plaster, but please pray everything will heal properly. <:S

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I'm a fellow homeschooler young lady and thought I might try to make your day by leaving a comment. (-; I've enjoyed reading your blog! The Lord bless you!

Ps... I found your blog by your comment on Bethany's Blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Jan, not Ian. Remember he's a Swedish teddy bear.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Swedish, this Swedish emigrant to America tried to teach her mother English by a song her playmates taught her...

"Mine jand on mine jed
and fot is dost jir?
Dost is mine tinker-boxer
mine mama dear...
tinker boxer, tinker boxer,
ya, ya, ya ya!
Dost fot I lernd in der shool,
ya, ya."

Well, come to think of it, I think she was German.

Anonymous said...

oh, and by the way, I'll be praying for your Mom's foot!
And I too found your blog through a comment on Bethany's ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello Gem,
My name is Dustynne. I have really enjoyed your blog! Happy birthday! ;)
I'm about a year and a half younger than you...I enjoy finding blogs of young Christian girls that are close to my age ;)
By the way, I have always enjoyed The Fox and The Hound also!! ;D
Keep up the good "work"! ;)

Anonymous said...

A happy be-lated birthday, gem! I hope you have a wonderful year that is filled with special blessings and days that draw you closer to His side!

Anonymous said...

Dear everyone,
Thank you so much! These comments are really a blessing!
Thank you, Kaylene! Yours was the first comment, and when I saw "1 comment", I thought, GREAT!
Sorry LSEP, okay, it's Jan, not Ian! :)
Anonymus... :) If you're the same anonymus as always, say, thank you for the poem (I think I'm going to learn it by heart), and I love you!
Dustynne... Thank you too! I like your name a lot, and I also like your blog. I've been checking it quite often. :)
And last, but not least, Bethany! Thank you very much! So far I'm enjoying my first fourteeen-years-old days, and I am really thankful to Him who made it possible!
Thanks to all lots. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Gem,
Happy birthday! Thank you for calling me yesterday!
God bless,
Allison Bontrager

Anonymous said...

Hello Gem...

Well, it's not a poem, it's a song, and a little longer than that, too... But it's really funny if you sing it with the right pronounciation (which is actually the wrong one). I can also teach you a song about "a pieth of peanut butter thtuck on my tongue" which will set any healthy child screaming with laughter. Not for bedtime. And one about a Chinese boy called Nickinickitimboolsorimboumamuchigamagamaguchi.
Per quan tinguis nens o el Martí estigui avorrit. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Allison! 'Twas nice to speak to you too! You're a teenager! (hahaha)
Anonymus! Si, ja sé el de "nikitumbanosékemés" (o algu així), pero el sé, vamos! I a veure si m'ensenyes el de "A pieth of peanut butter thtuck on my tounge", a veure si me l'envies en un e-mail (després perquè anem dient que fem servir l'e-mail per coses útils... ntntntntn!)