Thursday 24 May 2007

A Gardening Update

Okay, I'll keep you updated about our garden.
Yesterday we finlly had our zucchinni plants planted, and they look so cute! The are in three rows, and three zuchinni plants on each of them. My younger brother planted them, and he waters them each evening. Also we have to put snail-poison around them, otherwise the sanils would eat them all up!!

The baby grapes aren’t babies anymore... Well, yes, but not SO much... I hope it rains enough this summer (which will be most unlikely), because if it doens’t the grapes won’t be so juicy and sweet. You see, the water makes the grapes grow fat and juicy. Okay, there is also the resort of watering them, but then —I believe— the grapes arn’t so tasty.

Also, this morning I discovered that Mama had some cress planted on a pot in the woodshed. I like cress very much. We used to do it when we were small, in eggs, and we painted faces on them, and then the cress was the egg’s hair! :-) Cress has to germinate in the dark, that’s why it was in the woodshed. Our woodshed is very dark, and when I go in there there is a sweet smell of wood... See if that influences on the cress’ taste for good!! ;-) Anyway, the most important reason I like cress is because it’s deliceous in a sandwich!

Ohhhhhh, you should see our rosebush this year! It had a big, beautiful dark red rose, and now it has two more!! I like roses very much, and the dark red rose is my favourite flower. When I most like a rose is early in the morning, when the tiny pearls of dew are still on its delicate petals... Oh, I like them very much! I have a photo of the first rose, and it is just beautiful. I wish I could post it... ;-(

And the apricots... They are getting so big and fat!!! Mummy is planning to do apricot jam this year, and I’m looking forward to it... because I’ll be her main helper! I love jam, especialy blackberry jam and apricot jam. Last year Mummy did such a deliceous blackberry jam... Now just fell the pleasure of eating a deliceous, sun-cloured apricot... feel its sweet taste, the tact of its smooth sking, and the let its juice dribble down your chin... Oh, I can’t wait for them to be ripe!!! What I like about apricots, also, is that in one side they are sun-coloured, and in the othere like a soft pink... Well, surely you’ve arrived to the conclusion that I like apricots!!

Mummy and I have had a couple of sneezing days... And guess why? The olive trees have flowers... and by hundreds!! When I hang the washing outside, they sometimes are yellow, because of the pollen. And the ground is also yellow, not because fo the pollen, this time, but because of the quantity of fallen flowers!!!

Well, when I have something else to tell about our gardening business, I’ll post something...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm leaving the first comment on this post (won't you be happy with me?)!!
We've done some gardening too. This morning mother & I planted some sweet potatoes, and I also planted some flowers (putunias).
Have a good day,
~Allison~

Anonymous said...

Hi, Allison! Thank you for the comment... I like to be the first one too on comments ;) Have a nice day!!