Saturday 12 September 2009

Madrinistic Experiences Part One

Wow, finally! I'm able to write down a little about my experiences as a girl who travelled to Madrid alone. Hehehehe. I will write them in parts, so a couple of posts will be scheduled.^^
Let me start from the beginning.

************************************

I arrived at Madrid - Puerta de Atocha on Thursday the 13th at a quarter past seven p.m., five minutes ahead of schedule. Andy was nowhere to be seen, but there were Heinz & Co. May I add that I served as a companion to my little brother on the trip. I had to leave him safely with one of his young friend's family and then continue on my own.
Well, his friends were there, but Andy and her family weren't. Oh well, I just had to wait for a while, because after some minutes they did appear, and Andy and I ran to each other and hugged like two little girls. In the middle of the station. In front of everybody. Oh well.
And so, I arrived at Madrid safely and went directly home. Well, at Andy's house, anyway. A delicious supper was ready and we had only to was our hands and sit down at the table. That is exactly what we did, and after finishing a delicious soup (but without bread... *sniff*) Andy's father, Mr. G., suggested we all went to the park outside, and so we did. It was a huge park, full of small hills, paths, a play park, a lake, and lots of space with grass. It's the perfect place to dream. A place with scope for imagination. I actually stood by the lake, opened my arms and started singing "My Heart Will Go On". It was dark, and a couple of stars were shining, and the lights of the city far away were reflected on the lake's surface. It was lovely.
But there is where the true me appeared. I lost my cell phone! Andy and I started playing on the grass, jumping and summer-salting and running and all these kind of grass games, and suddenly I didn't have my cell phone in my pocket. I started to despair, because on top of everything, it was on vibration mode, so it wouldn't sound if we called it. We even went back home to get lanterns.
Andy found it in the end, but only after about a half an hour or more of searching for it. Yikes! Welcome to Madrid, girl.
On Friday I met Andy's school friends! We had a great time together at Diana's apartment. We stayed outside on the garden, lying down on towels and playing at cards. We played so many different games with just one kind of card. I met Tatiana, who's Russian, Diana, Leo and Irene, and Patricia. We also ate ice lollies, and walked and took pictures of each other. We spent fun time together!

Tatiana with her cool-looking sun-glasses. Hahahaha.

Of course, sometimes it was awkward because they aren't Christian people, and their language was appalling, but besides that, we really had a lot of fun.
And I repeat, we had lots of ice-lollies.
Saturday was a full, busy day. We went to bed very late on Friday, and had to get up at 7 a.m. on Saturday, so for the first couple of hours I was kind of zombie-like, much like a ghost. We had to go to the sports-centre. Actually, it was a long tradition in Andy's family. Every Saturday they go early to the sports-centre to play football and basketball, and later they spend the rest of the day in the swimming-pool before leaving for prayer meeting. They had done that the last time I went, two years ago, and it seemed like we would do it again!
So at seven a.m., a very hated alarm clock went off. At least it was a melody that was soothing, and I didn't throw the cell phone out of the window. I quickly arranged myself because Andy had told me that her uncle didn't like to wait, and was ready after about half an hour, shower, breakfast and all. Wow. I didn't know I could do that!
In the end it turned out we had to wait for him for something I don't remember, and after more than half an hour's delay, Mrs. M., Andy's mother, ended up taking us to the place. We arrived there at about 8.30 a.m., and it was lovely. The sun shone but it was fresh, as if it had rained before. We didn't suffer much heat for a couple of hours, and we were all very thankful for that.
I got to meet Santi that morning! He is Tío G. and Tía O.'s first son! (I call all of Andy's uncles and aunties as if they were mine. They all like it). The baby was barely eight months old, and was already walking. He is the sweetest baby, and he had such chubby cheeks! He wasn't scared of me - wow! -, actually he is a very loving baby. I was able to take many pictures of him playing with his ball and crawling around, and when I picked him up because he asked for it hugging my legs, he grabbed at my half-heart necklace my best friend gave to me. He liked it a lot.
Let's just say that I didn't play football and just messed around with the basketball ball. I'm not a very sporty girl. In fact I only enjoy playing volleyball - though I'm no good at it - and swimming. And of course, messing around and laughing at each other's attempts at playing basketball. Ahem.

{Most of} The Saturday Gang. Man, did we have fun!

At about half past eleven we all left to get ready for the swimming pool. Andy, Christian, Sergio and I went to Jhona's house, and I was able to see Tía S. there. Oh, I like them all so much! And we did finally go to the swimming pool! All in all, we were eighteen people there. And what fun did we have! We even had lunch there, and it was delish.
At first, we were in the normal swimming pool, where there was a place for the kids. It had a half-moon shape. But then we teens went to the olympic swimming pool and played games and raced and were silly. I won the competition of who swam farthest without breathing! I actually swam three quarters of the olympic pool, and the boys wouldn't admit it, but Andy was so proud of me. Hahaha.
When it was time to get ready for prayer meeting, I was sure thankful for the showers! I was able to make myself respectable and ready for the meeting.
I don't remember clearly what we did after the meeting. We went home and had supper, I suppose.
And this, my friends, is the end of my Madrinistic Experiences Part One! Hopefully, Part Two will come along soon enough! Just enjoy this one as long as you can [wink].

5 comments:

~Prism~ said...

Wow! What an eventful trip! *sighs dreamily* I've always wanted to go somewhere in Europe...

God Bless,

~Prism~

LocaChica said...

Wow! I'd love to go on a trip like that..what a blast! Looks like you had a fantastic time :) I'm happy that you finally got to go.
Can't wait to see the next post!
LocaChica

joygirl said...

that sounds like so much fun! glad you had a good time. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment! I am glad you like the banner!

Unknown said...

"Madrinistic" very ingenious :D
Woooow cuantas cosas nooo??
Tooodo super!!!
Santiii el "más mejor" a q si? xDDD
PD: lo entrecomillado "..." está hecho a propósito ehhh o eso creo... juas juas :P