Wednesday 16 September 2009

Madrinistic Experiences Part Two

I do remember what we did after the Sunday meeting the next day. The service had been very inspiring, based on Psalm 119:105, and I enjoyed the meeting. It ended quite late, though, and we went to lunch directly after that, and did the same thing that we did two years ago... another family tradition: we had lunch in the Chinese restaurant in M40! I hadn't eaten Chinese food for such a long time, and I enjoyed the fun time with my friends at the end of the table. We even scribbled on the paper mats, shared drinks and teased each other. Such fun!
Then I left for the C.'s house, another family living two hours away from Madrid. Marylinn is another friend I have living around there, and I wanted to see her and her brother Joel now that I was there. I spent Sunday afternoon, night and Monday with them. We spent most of our time outside walking. Marylinn introduced me to her friends too, and we had good fun. One thing I do remember with a laugh is that Marylinn was addicted to ice-lollies and we continually were going to a shop to buy one, and the generous girl bought one for me too each time she bought one for herself! I ended up having a dozen lollies in one day!
There was a disturbing fact, though, and that was that her friends smoked - a lot, and kept inviting me to a cigar. I, of course, refused, but it bothered me because I was tempted to accept once because I don't like to refuse
offerings. Thank God, though, He gave me strength to fight the temptation and I didn't smoke at all.
When I was there I was able to visit Sigüenza's castle again. Such a beautiful, huge, majestic castle! It's a marvel it's still on foot, but there it is, proud and strong. I wonder how many sieges it survived.
Actually, I toured the whole little village again, (again because I'd been there almost two years ago), and it was fun because there were lots of people because of the local celebrations.

This is a view of the castle. Of a part of the castle. It's not a very good picture, but when I get around to post the good pictures on my photo blog, then you'll be able to see it properly.

Marylinn took lots of pictures of us together, too, and would have taken plenty more if I wouldn't have left on Monday evening to return to Andy's house. The time spent in Sigüenza with Mary and Joel was precious, but I had, after all, gone to Madrid to see Andy.
So I was back at Andy's house and the first thing she tells me is "We have to do something special tomorrow with you because Jhona leaves for Valencia on Wednesday." I was kind of stunned at first, but grasped the situation in no time. It was soon agreed that we five teens would spend the day in the swimming pool. Then we would be joined by Dennis and would go out to supper and then to the cinema. And that's what we did!
That day was great. First, at the swimming pool we played at diving and finding a small orange stone, but we soon lost it and spent a lot of time looking for it. We didn't find it and finally gave up, but Jhona decided to use his huge, masculine ring to dice for and we lost it too. [chuckles] The situation was so funny! In the end I ended finding both things! Hahaha.
I got really tanned that day, and it was very funny too because I ended paying only 0'35 € for the entrance ticket instead of the 4'50€ price. What a wonderful idea a large family is. Oh, and to be "Just like a man", as Miss Cordelia from Anne's House of Dreams would put it, I must add that that day my sandwich was delicious (lettuce, tomato, egg...)
The film we watched that night was hilarious, too. Plus I was invited to Pringles, which are of my favourite crisps, but way too expensive to my income. Therefore, I hardly ever eat them, and so that night I got to eat Pringles and Lay's Vinaigrette crisps. My favourite!
That day was great. And that's it. End of Madrinistic Experiences Part Two!

2 comments:

LocaChica said...

Amazing! Looks like soo much fun! that photo of the castle is wonderful!
Yummy, yum, Pringles and Lays chips. I didn't know you could buy those in Spain..interesting :)
LocaChica
Quick spanish question-Can you give me the english translation for "deliciosamente"? I noticed it on your Cbox, and I wasn't sure what it meant.

Unknown said...

yeaah!! swimming pool,movie and pringles :D
se puede pedir algo más?? :P
el castillo molaa...
OK, now the third part ^^