Wednesday 2 September 2009

First Things First

Before starting to get updated on your blogs and start commenting, I would like to share with you all some verses I read this morning in our family Bible Study on Proverbs. Thinking too about Lauren Ann...

"My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If though seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding."
Proverbs 2:1-6

This passage helped me in two ways: one way was in the upcoming start of school. I know it is not meant for worldly wisdom, it says so in the passage, "Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.", but it helped me all the same because it proved to me that God can help me and give me strength in my struggles to understand Physics and Chemistry, and furthermore, that He will help me.
The second way was that it gave me hunger to know more of this awesome God I follow. It encouraged me to read more my Bible, to study more intently His word, to pray more and talk to Him continually. It gives me peace. HE gives me peace. And in this peace I pray for Him to bless you all daily. Your welcome warmed my heart and I am so thankful to all of you for making blogging worth it!

8 comments:

Ivorydancer said...

Great thoughts Moonshaw!

Unknown said...

Wow! That's really good!

Unknown said...

I tagged you~

Alex Monseth said...

great verses.

Alex

LocaChica said...

Awesome! Can't wait to get an e-mail from you(hint, hint!! :D)!
LocaChica

Unknown said...

La verdad es que esos versos son muy reconfortantes y ayudan mucho,
que bien que te ayudaran a ti también, porque justamente yo leí esa parte hace un par de días ^^
con confianza en el Señor todo irá bien ^^

Bethany said...

Thank you for following my blog! :)

Calico Zak said...

In reply to your comment on me blog.

It says ROIMH RABHADH ROIMH ARMTHA which translated roughly means For Warned, For Armed.

~CZ